FIU Clinical Science PhD Program, Mentor: Dr. Katie Hart
M.S., Education, University of Miami
B.A. Psychology, Minor Religious Studies, University of Miami
School readiness, early behavior problems, family involvement
Promoting school readiness in young children at risk for early learning and disruptive behavior problems and the development and evaluation of school-based interventions. I have a particular interest in also examining the role of family involvement and parenting on children’s socio-emotional development specifically for ethnically and linguistically diverse children and families.
Page, J., Zambrana, K. A., M., Martin, E. R., Zhang, Y., Abbacchi, A. Tunc, I., Messinger, D. S., & Constantino, J.N. (In press). Quantitative Autistic Trait Measurements Index Background Genetic Risk for ASD in Hispanic Families. Molecular Autism.
1. Martin, K. B., Zambrana, K. A., Gangi, D.N.,Cuccaro, M., & Messinger, D.S (2016, May). Dopamine and looking patterns in the Face-to-Face/Still-Face. International Conference in Infant Studies. New Orleans, Louisiana.
2. Abbachi, A., Zhang, Y., Zambrana, K.A., Messiner, D.S., & Constantino, J.N. (2015, May). Intergenerational Patterns of Quantitative Autistic Traits in Hispanic Families. International Society for Autism Research. Salt Lake City, UT.
3. Zambrana, K. A., Bouza, J., Shearer, R., & Gaona, P. (2015, May). Buffering the effects of poverty on Head Start children: Family engagement and approaches to learning. Presented at the Child Cross-University Collaborative Mentoring Conference, Coral Gables, Florida, USA.
4. Zambrana, K. A., Bouza, J., Shearer, R., & Gaona, P. (2015, March). Buffering the effects of poverty on Head Start children: Dimensions of family involvement and Approaches to learning. Society of Research in Child Development. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
5. Bouza, J., Zambrana, K. A., Fernandez, V., Carter, T., Shearer, R., Gaona, P., & Bichay, K. (2015, March). Examining the role of family involvement domains in Head Start children’s peer social competence and behavioral maladjustment. Society for Research in Child Development. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
6. Martin, K. B., Zambrana, K. A., Haltigan, J.D., Jia, R., Beebe, B., Messinger, D.S (2015, March). More is not always better: Gaze patterns and later attachment security. Society for Research in Child Development. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
7. Bouza, J., Shearer, R., & Zambrana, K. A. (2014, November) Multidimensional assessment of family involvement for English speaking urban, low-income families in the southeast. Head Start 12th National Research Conference on Early Childhood. Washington, D.C.
8. Zambrana, K. A., Mattson, W. I., Gangi, D. N., Geng, S., & Messinger, D. S. (2014, May). Examining non-expert ratings of emotional valence in the Face-to-Face/Still-Face Paradigm. Presented at the Child Cross-University Collaborative Mentoring Conference, Coral Gables, Florida, USA.
9. Bouza, J., Zambrana, K., & Shearer, R. (2013, November) The Relationship between Family Involvement and Peer Social Competence in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Head Start Children. 8th Biennial Society for the study of Human Development Conference. Fort Lauderdale, FL.